Specially-Designed Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom
To support our divisions with a continued focus on specially-designed instruction within the inclusive classroom, we are honored to have had a Professional Learning Day with Lisa Dieker, a passionate researcher and practitioner in the fields of collaboration of general and special educators, teacher preparation, and the support of teacher preparation through virtual classrooms. Lisa, a Professor at the University of Central Florida and Lockheed Martin Eminent Scholar; coordinates the doctoral program in special education and is the Director of the Lockheed Martin Mathematics and Science Academy.
Resources, including videos from Lisa Dieker’s Keynote and all the breakout sessions are available on SCHOOLOGY. Please use the following easy steps to create an account and log-on to our GROUP: Specially-Designed Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom.
1. Create a Schoology Account:
- If you already have a Schoology account, you will be able to skip the first step.
2. Once logged on to Schoology, Join the GROUP: Specially Designed Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom: https://www.schoology.com/group/380737337
- Enter this Group Access Code: BBDT4-Q35CT
- Click on the tabs to the left for Discussions, Photo Albums, and Resources to access and share the plethora of articles, handouts, PowerPoints, and videos to support professional learning in your schools!
Effective co-teaching resources to use and share with your colleagues are uploaded on www.schoology.com. If you already have a Schoology account, you will be able to skip the first step of the following process:
Create a Schoology instructor account here. Then, join any of the following GROUPS:
- VT TTAC Effective Co-teaching group here. Enter this group access code:JMWHH-JQ5KH
- Using Data to Search for Instructional Opportunities group here. Enter this group access code: 2SPV4-QFMC3
On the left hand side of the page, click on Resources.